Friday, October 10, 2014

And the count down begins

It's all starting to become more real now that we are only a week away.   We have seen pictures of our apartment.  It's cute but very tiny.  It's only 600 square feet, so to say it's going to be a major lifestyle change is an understatement.  It's been decorated with Ikea furniture, which is fitting since Ikea is a Swedish company.  I'm looking forward to going to Ikea as I have never been there.  I guess if I'm going to go, I should go to company's headquarters!  Below are a few pictures of our new home sweet home!










Many of the conveniences that I take for granted here are not going to be available to me in Sweden.  For example, I'm not going to have a car and will have to walk or take public transportation.  Weekly trips to the grocery store may need to become daily trips now.  I have a feeling I'm never going to know the temperature since everything is in Celsius, and trying to understand the metric system is going to be way too much! ;)  Another convenience that I will miss is my washer and dryer.  There is one located in the apartment building, but it will be different since I'm use to having one in my house to use whenever I want ( and I guess I will no longer be able to leave stuff in the dyer for days on end either).  I have been emailing our neighbor below us and she has been so helpful.  Her husband is in the same program as Cyle; however, their time abroad is almost over as they will be leaving at the end of November.  They are from England and just had a little girl in August.  She has been helping me try and figure everything out so our adjustment is a little easier. She has advised me that storage in our apartment is almost non-existent, so I should pack lightly!  So far we have 6 suitcases going with us!  I don't think I know what it means to pack light!  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment