Friday, July 24, 2015

Were leaving on another jet plane...hoping that well be back again...

 I can't believe this will be my last blog post from Sweden. It is bittersweet to say the least to find myself at this moment; returning back to the US and saying goodbye to our friends in Sweden.  Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to get home.  I've missed Lola, and it will be wonderful to be with our family and friends.  I want to go to a grocery store and be able to read every label AND have a handle on exactly how expensive it is. I want to drive my car.  I can't wait until I can use my own washing machine and not have to go up three flights of stairs into an attic.  The dishwasher is something I won't be taking for granted (at least for a few weeks).   
Yet, I will miss Sweden.  While I had my moments of being homesick and some very trying experiences, this has become our home too.  I will miss the Swedish lifestyle, especially fika time.  Most of all, I will miss the friends that we made here.  We all went through the hardships together and were there to support each other through it.  This an been an extraordinary and memorable adventure, and one that we will remember forever (although Belle may not remember much of it ;) ).  Saying goodbyes always feels sad, but we know we will be back again.  Also, thank goodness for modern technology like email an Skype so we can still keep in contact with our friends we made in Sweden.  
It's time to say "hej då" to Sweden

No comments:

Post a Comment